What it Is: A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) offers the opportunity to create an easy-to-establish, flexible vehicle for charitable giving as an alternative to direct giving or creating a private foundation
How it Works: A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a fund you establish in your name (or another person’s name) at the Jewish Community Foundation. You, or anyone you designate, can recommend grants from the fund to your favorite charitable organization(s) in the general or Jewish community.
- Donors enjoy administrative convenience, cost savings and tax advantages by conducting their grant making through their fund.
- Donor Advised Funds allow you to centralize your charitable dollars in one convenient account. You recommend the charitable organizations to receive grants on any time schedule.
- Transfer assets of any kind (cash, securities, closely-held stock, businesses, insurance, and real estate, for example) into the fund.
- The assets in the fund continue to grow to be used for future grants.
- The Foundation processes the grants, maintains the records and provides you with simple receipts and statements for tax reporting purposes. Records are always available online.
Further Information about Donor Advised Funds
For more information, please call us at (609) 219-0555 or email us at Info@FoundationJewish.org